A FOSS Hut is an area dedicated to a specific focus area in FOSS, be it a project like KDE, community like SMC, user groups, special interest groups like mappers or start ups depending on FOSS.
Date: Feb 5-7
Venue: NIT Calicut
Testing Localised Desktops
We need volunteers for different languages. We will need latest builds of kde, gnome, open office and firefox
Indic Support TODO list
- rendering support - harfbuzz integration with pango, qt, icu
- locales - new locales, updating existing locales
- sorting/collation algorithm
- world lists, hyphenation rules
- text to speech
- ocr, hand writing recognition
- complex rendering support in console
Guide to contributing translation
motivation, tools, processes, essay papers, glossary...
Complex Text Rendering Story
We will have a meeting on 6th evening (3 pm to 5 pm). RSVP here or in our facebook meeting page. Note: We actually started the meeting at 8 pm
TODO: Hiran to update minutes.
Thanks to every one participated.
- Praveen A - Contact using my userpage
- Suraj Kenoth
- Hiran Venugopalan
- Manoj K Mohan