Difference between revisions of "Meeting/IRC/2011Jan20"

From SMC Wiki
(fuel discussion)
 
m
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
<pre>
 
*** You have joined channel #smc-project  [20:58]
 
*** You have joined channel #smc-project  [20:58]
 
*** Topic for #smc-project: എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിനു് എന്റെ ഭാഷ http://smc.org.in ||
 
*** Topic for #smc-project: എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിനു് എന്റെ ഭാഷ http://smc.org.in ||
Line 136: Line 137:
 
<apeter> rajeshr, any comments ?
 
<apeter> rajeshr, any comments ?
 
<santhosh> rather than giving a word list
 
<santhosh> rather than giving a word list
 +
</pre>

Revision as of 15:51, 20 January 2011

*** You have joined channel #smc-project  [20:58]
*** Topic for #smc-project: എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിനു് എന്റെ ഭാഷ http://smc.org.in ||
    Planet SMC: http://planet.smc.org.in  || Work in Progress:
    http://silpa.smc.org.in || ചാമ്പ പ്രൊജക്ട് http://www.chambaproject.in
*** #smc-project: topic set by
    santhosh!73f89ac4@gateway/web/freenode/ip.115.248.154.196, 11:23:15
    2010/11/08
*** Users on #smc-project: j4v4m4n santhosh ershad apeter Vivek Polar| CIA-98
    @ChanServ
*** #smc-project modes: +nst
*** #smc-project was created on ശനി 2007/10/13 08:54:20  IST
*** ershad (~ershad@14.194.66.128) has quit: Ping timeout: 250 seconds
*** jinsbond007 (~jinsbond0@14.99.10.217) has joined channel #smc-project
<jinsbond007> hope I am not late  [20:59]
<jinsbond007> j4v4m4n: apeter santhosh around?  [21:00]
<santhosh> j4v4m4n: എന്താ പരിപാടി?
<apeter> hello all
<apeter> good to see atleast a few :)
<apeter> need to conduct FUEL for Malayalam and hence thought to have a
	 discussion about it  [21:01]
<santhosh> ഇത്രേം പേരു മത്യോ?
<apeter> atleast lets discuss things and then send the details to list  [21:02]
<santhosh> http://wiki.smc.org.in/Glossary
<apeter> j4v4m4n, ?
*** qwebirc45842 (75c98191@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.201.129.145) has joined
    channel #smc-project
<apeter> santhosh, we have already discussed and planned to have the
	 FUEL... :)
<j4v4m4n> santhosh: jinsbond007 apeter നമസ്കാരം  [21:03]
<apeter> നമസ്ക്കാരം
<jinsbond007> j4v4m4n: ah finally, നമസ്കാരം :)
<apeter> now things to discuss is when to have, who all to be invited for this
	 meeting? I mean any language experts ... 
<apeter> what say?  [21:04]
<j4v4m4n> apeter: ഏതെങ്കലും സ്ഥലവും സമയവും നിര്‍ദ്ദേശിയ്ക്കൂ
<apeter> j4v4m4n, jinsbond007 santhosh I was thinking whether we can have this
	 during NITC meet?  [21:05]
ERC> /nick ജാവാമാന്‍
<apeter> is it possible?
*** ജാവാമ is an
    erroneous nickname
<apeter> what do you guys think?
<santhosh> apeter: physical meaning required?
<apeter> santhosh, yes
<j4v4m4n> apeter: I will be in NITC from 31st Jan to 6th Feb
* apeter has requested Rajesh to join
<j4v4m4n> santhosh: yes, especially if we are onvolving language experts
								        [21:06]
* apeter has requested Rajesh to join this online meeting
<j4v4m4n> santhosh: we can keep irc open as an option for people who cannot
	  make it physically  [21:07]
<apeter> j4v4m4n, I agree with you :)
<jinsbond007> j4v4m4n: santhosh when is fossmeet?  [21:08]
<santhosh> apeter: j4v4m4n, can we baseline our glossary? or do we need to get
	   comments on the entries in offline way?
<jinsbond007> I don't remember in feb or march?
<j4v4m4n> apeter: but Feb first week would be too soon for arranging a meeting
	  of this sort
<apeter> jinsbond007, 4th-6th Feb
<jinsbond007> ok
<apeter> j4v4m4n, we shall give it a try..
<santhosh> such as, getting the comments in printed copies
<jinsbond007> anyway, I won't be available for any physical meetings due to my
	      busy schedule for I think some 4 months  [21:09]
<j4v4m4n> jinsbond007: we can do both as I mentioned
<apeter> j4v4m4n, if its too much of inconvenience we shall postpond to 2nd or
	 3rd week Feb
<j4v4m4n> jinsbond007: physical component has to be there
*** rajeshr (~rranjan@117.195.109.90) has joined channel #smc-project  [21:10]
<santhosh> j4v4m4n: btw, by language experts, ആരെയാ ഉദ്ദേശിക്കുന്നതു്? കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറില്‍
	   മലയാളം ആദ്യമായി കാണുന്നവര്‍ക്ക് പ്രായോഗികമായി നിര്‍ദ്ദേശങ്ങള്‍ തരാന്‍ കഴിയുമോ?  [21:11]
<rajeshr> Hi Everybody
<j4v4m4n> rajeshr: hi
<santhosh> the contexts are completely different
<apeter> hi rajeshr 
<rajeshr> Sorry for late!
<apeter> rajeshr, no worries :)
<jinsbond007> j4v4m4n: apeter first these people should know the translation
	      and why we do it the way we do
<santhosh> I am not sayin that they should know how to use computers in
	   malayalam
<j4v4m4n> santhosh: but most of them would have familiarity with computers
<santhosh> but minimal exposure and introduction is required right?  [21:12]
<apeter> rajeshr, maybe you can give an idea about FUEL. How do you normally
	 conduct the meet etc etc etc
<jinsbond007> j4v4m4n: the familiarity I don't think is not to be with
	      computer but the malayalam interface in computer and who are the
	      in tented audience
<rajeshr> okay apeter!  [21:13]
*** santhosh (~santhosh@117.202.143.56) has left channel #smc-project:
    "Leaving."  [21:14]
*** santhosh (~santhosh@117.202.143.56) has joined channel #smc-project
<j4v4m4n> jinsbond007: santhosh we should have normal computer users too, the
	  idea is to get some kind of acceptance when people see experts are
	  there in the list, though I agree, it may not be necessary
<rajeshr> As we are from translation/localization filed we know some problem
	  during trans
*** santhosh (~santhosh@117.202.143.56) has quit: Quit: Leaving.
<rajeshr> one is of standadization and consistency
<j4v4m4n> the idea is computer users, who are not net savvy and would not be
	  able to come to an irc meeting for whatever reason should be
	  involved  [21:15]
*** santhosh (~santhosh@117.202.143.56) has joined channel #smc-project
*** sebinaj (~sebinaj@117.199.11.154) has joined channel #smc-project
<santhosh> disconnected.. did somebody answer my qn? sorry
<jinsbond007> j4v4m4n: I am not against involving them, in fact most of the
	      time, we does consult people like hussain sir off the list
<jinsbond007> sebinaj: welcome
<j4v4m4n> sebinaj: hi
<sebinaj> hi
<apeter> hi sebinaj :)  [21:16]
<sebinaj> was struggling with the lost passphrase :D
<sebinaj> problems of registering a nick
<sebinaj> can i read the log?
<j4v4m4n> jinsbond007: not just hussain sir, anyone interested in seeing
	  Malayalam in computer should be given a chance to say their opinion
<j4v4m4n> sebinaj: you could have logged in without password :)  [21:17]
*** ershad (~ershad@14.194.66.128) has joined channel #smc-project
<santhosh> j4v4m4n: thats what. we cannot get words contribution from people
	   who are very new to computers
<jinsbond007> j4v4m4n: anyway I guess we both got the point :)
* j4v4m4n copying minutes on the wiki
<santhosh> and even if they give it will be out of context
<santhosh> what I would suggest is this  [21:18]
<jinsbond007> my point was to use their expertise effectively, we should be
	      able to give them an idea of what the interface is
<santhosh> the FUEL program should have 2 parts
<jinsbond007> and who are the supposed audience for the Malayalam interface
<santhosh> one is a training(introduction) to all participants. say we conduct
	   in an arts college  [21:19]
<santhosh> in the second part, or as part of the traning, we show the
	   interface to them. ask them to use
<santhosh> get their user experience suggestion
<santhosh> I hope once they see applications in malayalam, naturally comments
	   will come
<apeter> rajeshr, any comments ?
<santhosh> rather than giving a word list