Localisation Camp/2 Pune 20,21 March 2010
Date: 20, 21 March 2010
Venue: Red Hat Office, Tower 10, Cyber City, Magarpatta City, Hadapsar
A Localisation camp is a place for introducing new people to localisation tools, processes and communities. It is also a place for inviting feedback from wide spectrum of people to improve existing translations. And a place to meet up and interact with other members of the community.
For more details contact Praveen Arimbrathodiyil +91 9561745712, Rishikesh Yeolekar +91 9423507864, Abhijit A.M. +91 9422308125
- We are limiting attendance to 25 persons on a first come first serve basis.
- Lunch and tea will be provided at the venue.
- Participants to come with 2 or 4 GB USB sticks, can go back with a L10n-ised spin of F12 in a locale of their choice.
- 9am to 10 am - Registration/Introductions
- 10 am to 11 am - Interactive Session on Free Software
- 11 am to 12 pm - Enabling Applications for Localisation (Internationalisation or i18n) and key software components enabling a localised desktop experience (Unicode standard, Fonts, rendering engine or displaying Indic/complex text, locale, gettext ... ) - Naveen Kumar, Red Hat
- 12 pm to 1 pm - Introducing Input methods (hands on) - Naveen Kumar, Red Hat
- lunch break
- 2 pm to 3 pm - Localisation process and tools (where to get po files, editing PO files, tools available like kbabel, lokalize, transifex, pootle etc, review and submission process for various languages) - Ankit Patel, Red Hat
- 3 pm to 5 pm - Getting hands dirty with translations
- 9 am to 10 am - Other aspects of local language computing - discussion - (text to speech, speech recognition, optical character recognision/handwriting recognision, rendering issues, Indic calendars with holidays, ascii to unicode conversion ...) - Naveen Kumar, Red Hat
- 10 am to 12 pm - Reviewing existing translations/discussing issues with regards to translations
- 12 pm to 1 pm - Translation tidbits - Runa Bhattacharjee, Red Hat
- lunch break
- 2 pm to 3 pm - Getting hands dirty with translations
- 3 pm to 3:30 pm - Introduction to FUEL and it's Future roadmap - Rajesh Ranjan, Red Hat
- 3:30 pm to 4 pm - Closing discussion/feedback/todo/roadmap/future sessions/online participation
- Praveen A - Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (laptop=yes)
- Ani Peter - Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (laptop=yes)
- Naveen Kumar - Red Hat (laptop=yes)
- Ankit Patel - Red Hat (laptop=yes)
- Runa Bhattacharjee - Red Hat / Ankur (laptop=yes)
- Rajesh Ranjan - Red Hat (laptop=yes)
- G Karunakar - IndLinux (laptop=yes)
- Pavithran S - kdetelugu (laptop=yes)
Please register for the event here (just add your name, organisation/institution and tell us if you are bringing your own laptop). Optionally add your contact number (if you feel OK to share on a public wiki page) or send your contact number to pravi dot a plus l10n dot camp at gmail dot com (dot is '.', plus is '+', at is '@').
- Labeeb M - Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
- Nabeel P.M - MIT, Hadapsar (laptop=yes)
- Abhijit A M - Uncode
- Rishikesh Y - Uncode
- Rushal - Tech Mahindra
- Dnyaneshwar Dewadkar- COEP
- Gautam Akiwate - CoEP
- Ashwin Tumma - CoEP
- Mihir Kulkarni - CoEP
- Amler Vipul - Uncode
- Aditya Raman - AppliedEye Pune
- Ajay Garg - Lokayat
- Aditya N - Lokayat
- Parag Pandit - Uncode
- Swapnil - MIT
- Rajiv Joshi - Lokayat
- Yogesh - Uncode
- Tanushri Chakravorty - COEP
- Raghavendra Belapure - COEP
- Monali chim - COEP
- Nisha Chaudhari - COEP
- Sana Khan, sanakhan2011 at gmail dot com
You can give your name below if you would like to be notified about future events.
Interested in Future Events
If the registration is closed and/or you cannot come on the proposed dates, you can give your name and contact details here. We will contact you for any future events.
- Sameer Shaikh, sameera dot cmc at gmail dot com
- Ankit Dangi, dangiankit at gmail dot com
- Suchakrapani Datt Sharma, suchakra at fedoraproject dot com
Press Release/News Coverage/Blogs
- File:Localisation Camp Pune 20,21 March 2010.pdf
- File:Localisation Camp Pune 20,21 March 2010 Day1.pdf
- File:Localisation Camp Pune 2021 March 2010 Day2.pdf
- Identi.ca Hashtag
Please provide your feedback and suggestions here. How was the event? Was it useful? Do you want to go deeper in any specific topics? Do we want to have more of these events? When should we do the next event?