Localisation Camp/2 Pune 20,21 March 2010
Date: 20, 21 March 2010
Venue: Red Hat Office, Tower 10, Cyber City, Magarpatta City, Hadapsar
A Localisation camp is a place for introducing new people to localisation tools, processes and communities. It is also a place for inviting feedback from wide spectrum of people to improve existing translations. And a place to meet up and interact with other members of the community.
For more details contact Praveen Arimbrathodiyil +91 9561745712
- We are limiting attendance to 25 persons on a first come first serve basis.
- Lunch and tea will be provided at the venue.
- A press release is being drafted here, please contribute your ideas.
- 9am to 10 am - Registration/Introductions
- 10 am to 11 am - Interactive Session on Free Software
- 11 am to 12 pm - Enabling Applications for Localisation (Internationalisation or i18n) and key software components enabling a localised desktop experience (Unicode standard, Fonts, rendering engine or displaying Indic/complex text, locale, gettext ... ) - Naveen Kumar, Red Hat
- 12 pm to 1 pm - Introducing Input methods (hands on)
- lunch break
- 2 pm to 3 pm - Localisation process and tools (where to get po files, editing PO files, tools available like glossary, fuel, translation memory ..., review and submission process for various languages) - Ankit Patel, Red Hat
- 3 pm to 5 pm - Getting hands dirty with translations
- 9 am to 10 am - Other aspects of local language computing - discussion - (text to speech, speech recognition, optical character recognision/handwriting recognision, rendering issues, Indic calendars with holidays, ascii to unicode conversion ...) - Naveen Kumar, Red Hat
- 10 am to 12 pm - Reviewing existing translations/discussing issues with regards to translations
- 12 pm to 1 pm - Getting hands dirty with translations
- lunch break
- 2 pm to 3 pm - Closing discussion/feedback/todo/roadmap/future sessions/online participation
- Praveen A - Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (laptop=yes)
- Ani Peter - Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (laptop=yes)
- Naveen Kumar - Redhat (laptop=yes)
- Ankit Patel - Redhat (laptop=yes)
Please register for the event here (just add your name, organisation/institution and tell us if you are bringing your own laptop). Optionally add your contact number (if you feel OK to share on a public wiki page) or send your contact number to pravi dot a plus l10n dot camp at gmail dot com (dot is '.', plus is '+', at is '@').
- Labeeb M - Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
- Nabeel P.M - MIT, Hadapsar
- Abhijit A M - Uncode
- Rishikesh Y - Uncode
- Rushal - Tech Mahindra
- Dnyaneshwar Dewadkar- COEP
- Gautam Akiwate - CoEP
- Ashwin Tumma - CoEP
- Swapnil Kulkarni - CoEP
- Mihir Kulkarni - CoEP
- Sourabh Dige - CoEP
- Amler Vipul - Uncode
- Ankit Dangi - C-DAC Mumbai (Not part of Localisation team) (laptop=yes)
- Aditya Raman - AppliedEye Pune
- Sujeet Patel - Uncode