Difference between revisions of "Developer Camp/VAST"
|Line 101:||Line 101:|
Revision as of 13:29, 2 December 2010
For students with a passion for programming computers, Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur and Zyxware Technologies in association with SMC <swathanthra malayalam computing> and Free Software User's group Thrissur, are organising a developer camp, at VAST campus on 29th-November-2010
Session 1 : 9.30AM -12.30PM
Session 2 : 1.30 PM- 4.30 PM
Praveen Arimbrathodiyil will be leading the camp. Praveen Arimbrathodiyil is one of key contributors to the SMC Project.His contributions include Malayalam localization of various free software projects like GNOME, KDE, Debian installer, and various gnu.org articles. He has actively influenced the present state of Malayalam language on Free Software Desktops through relentless testing, feedback and programming when and where required. He is also a debian maintainer and has worked as a mentor for Google Summer of Code projects.
In addition to Praveen, we expect other FOSS developers to join us in person, or over the internet, in the session.The general Layout of the program will be as follows:
FOSS developers/contributors present at the camp will share their experiences in developing applications/application libraries for FOSS projects, and working with other developers in the community around the projects. Students will have the opportunity to pitch in with their ideas as well.
There will be introductory sessions and discussions about various FOSS Development models, Version control, reading user as well as API documents etc.
Short Summery of the Event
Welcome speech -Mr. Kaushik M[Asst Professor, – Dept of Computer Science & Engineering]
Inauguration -Dr. M N Agnisarman Namboodiri [Prof & Head – Dept of Computer Science & Engineering]
Felicitation -Dr. V N Krishnachandran [Prof & Head – Dept of Computer Applications]
Vote of Thanks -Mr. Manoj K [S7 ME – FOSSers Club Secretary]
First Developer Camp is dedicated to Shyam Karannat
Praveen &Pavithran: Package Management in Ubuntu
Dhananjy Navaneetham: Unix File system.
Pavi : Getting familiar with IRC, how to register nick, How to use xchat etc.
Jain : Introduction to scribus, xtgscanner (plugin for Quark XPress Tags), Introduction to Qt, hello world in qt, introduction to qt-documentation and qt-creator.
Praveen : Fixing out bug in OpenOffice and Debian packaging.
- K.Ramnath (CSE, VAST)
- Abhijith.K.Benjur (CSE, S1 VAST)
- Abina Balan (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Akhil.K (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Alex Poovathingal(CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Amal Y Jose (ECE, VAST)
- Aneesh.C (CSE, VAST)
- Anoop Lazeer (CSE, VAST)
- Anoop Toffy (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Arjun K (PE, S1 VAST)
- Arjun.E.P (CSE, VAST)
- Aswin Sashidharan (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Babul .K.B (CSE, VAST)
- Ben Jolly (CSE, VAST)
- Deepak.S (CSE, VAST)
- Dhananjay(CS, CET)
- Divya Mohandas (CSE, VAST)
- Fayyas Manzoor.M (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Harikrishna.K (University Institute of Technology, Thriuvanthapuram)
- Hiran.V (Ubiqurio Consultancy)
- Jain Basil Aliyas(CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Jishnu (MES College of Engineering, Kuttippuram)
- Jishnu.V (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Levis Antony (CSE, VAST)
- Mahesh Mohan.M.U (University Institute of Technology, Thriuvanthapuram)
- Manoj.K (ME, VAST)
- Midhun Krishna (CSE, VAST)
- Midhun.P.G (CSE, VAST)
- Muhammed T.A (CSE, VAST)
- Nakul raj (CSE, VAST)
- Neethu K.C (CSE, VAST)
- Neethu.T.Regi (CSE, VAST)
- Nithish.M (CSE, VAST)
- Pavithran (zyxware Technologies)
- Ranjith .A.R (CSE, VAST)
- Salim Ali (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Sarin.C.M (CSE, VAST)
- Sharath Krishnan (ME, S1 VAST)
- Sreenath Nannat (CSE, VAST)
- Sooraj Kenoth (zyxware Technologies)
- Sreejith.S (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Sruthi Devi.M.P (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Swetha Ravi (CSE, VAST)
- Unnikrishnan (CSE, VAST)
- Vibin .M.V (CSE, VAST)
- Vishak Baby (CSE, GEC Thrissur)
- Shali K.R, (Server Administrator, CSE Dept, VAST)
- Kaushik M, (Asst. Professor, CSE Dept VAST)
That was a nice starting .. :) Waiting for new events and sessions covering depth of linux and other open source technologies.