* Join the `SMC mailing list http://lists.smc.org.in/listinfo.cgi/discuss-smc.org.in. Introduce yourself over there so that the community can get to know you. Feel free to discuss your project ideas as well as to ask for any help that you may require as you start hacking our code base.
* Prepare a detailed proposal regarding your project and submit on the Google Summer of Code website (http://www.google-melange.com). Even though you could use our wiki (http://wiki.smc.org.in/) to draft your project ideas, this is not mandatory. However, we can help you proofread your submission if you do use our wiki. See the section below for how to name and link to your application so we can easily find it.You may take a look at the old applications to see how they did things, links to pages containing old applications can be found on the wiki main page.
* If you need help with anything, ask on the `SMC list http://lists.smc.org.in/listinfo.cgi/discuss-smc.org.in or our IRC channel (`#smc-project on Freenode <http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=smc-project) (don't be afraid if you don't know git for example. We'll teach you everything that is needed, the only required thing from you is enthusiasm and willingness to learn new things)
'''Who are you?'''
Please put this information at the top of your proposal.
University / current enrollment * Short bio / overview of your background
* Where can we find you? Kindly share your email, GitHub username, IRC handle, etc, so that we can know all these point to the same you.
'''What is your programming experience?'''
* How good can you use Malayalam and how good is your Malayalam reading and typing skills?
What is your experience programming? Tell us about something you have created.
* What makes you excited about SMC
and any prior experience of yours working with SMC?
* Have you ever used git or another version control system?