From SMC Wiki


29,937 bytes removed, 05:21, 26 January 2017
Reverting to last revision not containing links to *.net
== SMC IRC Meeting 2010 October 9 ==
Time : 21:00 IST October 9
Location: #smc-project @
To join, [ click here]
# Inroduction to Project and its activities to new members
==IRC Log ==
* Now talking on #smc-project
* Topic for #smc-project is: എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിനു് എന്റെ ഭാഷ || Planet SMC: || Work in Progress:
* Topic for #smc-project set by santhosh!~santhosh@ at Sat Mar 27 20:02:56 2010
* #smc-project :on
<anivar> തുടങ്ങിയോ ?
<rajeeshknambiar> apeter: അന്നാ പത്രോസേ സുഖം തന്നേ?
<santhosh> നമ്മള്‍ എല്ലാരും ഈ ചാനലില്‍ ഒരുമിച്ചു വന്നിട്ട് കാലം കുറേ ആയല്ലേ? :)
<apeter> rajeeshknambiar, സുഖം സുഖം :)
<rajeeshknambiar> santhosh: ശരിക്കും!
<jaisuvyas> അതേയതേ.
<santhosh> anivar: തുടങ്ങാന്‍ തുടങ്ങുന്നു
<apeter> ശരിയാ ..
<rajeeshknambiar> പ്രവീണ്‍ ഉണ്ടാവില്ലേ?
<apeter> എന്നാല്‍ തുടങ്ങാം അല്ലേ...
<santhosh> most of the time channel is without anybody... I used to be there, apeter too. but now a days at day time not at all free.
<anivar> santhosh,: അജണ്ട വിക്കിപ്പേജ് ടോപ്പിക്ക് ആയി സെറ്റ് ചെയ്യൂ
<manojkmohan> help : enikku malayalam vrithiyayi vayikkan pattunnilla. Opera yil anu
<santhosh> rajeeshknambiar: he is another meeting. will be late
* sebinaj (~sebinaj@ has joined #smc-project
<anivar> manojkmohan, install a client
<apeter> santhosh, me too
<santhosh> manojkmohan: then change the browser now itself. or use any client like xchat,pidgin, empathy...
<manojkmohan> k
<santhosh> ok, so we are 19 people here. we will start..
<sebinaj> hi
<anivar> ആരാണ് ലോഗ് എടുക്കുന്നതു്
<Anoop> ഇപ്പോഴും കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിൽ ഓപ്പറ ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്നവർ ഉണ്ടല്ലേ!!
<santhosh> aniI am logging it
<anivar> ഹായ് sebinaj
<santhosh> anivar: ^^^
<apeter> santhosh, okay
<santhosh> *** meeting starts *****
<sebinaj> ഹായ് aniv
<apeter> sebinaj, ഹലോ :)
<sebinaj> hallo apeter
<santhosh> first item in agenda : Inroduction to Project and its activities to new members
<santhosh> I see some new faces here.
<jaisuvyas> ങും.
<arunkrishnan_4> I'm a new member
<jaisuvyas> എന്റേതു് പഴേ മുഖം തന്ന്യാ.. :)
<santhosh> arunkrishnan_4: just introduce yourself please :)
<arunkrishnan_4> I'm arunkrishnan
<arunkrishnan_4> 3rd year engineering student
<arunkrishnan_4> od Vidya Academy, Thrissur
<anivar> Appu, are you a new member?
<santhosh> arunkrishnan_4: welcome to smc. we had a camp there. hope you got enough info about our project. If not plaese ask
<arunkrishnan_4> I was there on that camp
<Appu> I am a silent member in SMC group for long time. Real name, Navaneeth from Bangalore
<santhosh> arunkrishnan_4: good!
<santhosh> Appu: welcome :)
<Appu> thanks :)
<arunkrishnan_4> :)
* qwebirc46493 (75cfa4e9@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<anivar> santhosh, you introduce
<apeter> :)
<anivar> qwebirc46493, please change your nick name
<santhosh> anivar: ok..
<santhosh> I am santhosh thottingal. member of smc from 2006 itself...
<santhosh> works on many projects of smc.
<santhosh> for those who are new or who does not know smc well, here is a brief intro.
<santhosh> SMC is the biggest developer community in India, working on Language computing, focusing Malayalam language
<santhosh> from 2006 onwards, we were actively working on many upstream projects to enable malayalam computing on free s/w based desktops
<santhosh> If you are able to read, write properly in your gnu/linux desktop, it is because of our members valuable contribution
<santhosh> we are around 62 developers as per the registered developers count in our project management site savannah
<santhosh> and 600+ members in our discussion mailing list
* nono (~nkn@ has joined #smc-project
<santhosh> we maintain and we are upstream for around 20 packages in Fedora, and Debian distros
* nono has quit (Client Quit)
<santhosh> and there are a number of projects planned , going on ...
<santhosh> any questions, or any clarification required?
* Neethu (75cfa4e9@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<arunkrishnan_4> its all clear.....
<arunkrishnan_4> thanks for d descriptions
* qwebirc48660 (7aac812b@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<anivar> qwebirc46493, Neethu introduce please
* praveenp (~chatzilla@ has joined #smc-project
* Shiju (75cc61ce@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
* praveenp has quit (Changing host)
* praveenp (~chatzilla@wikipedia/praveenp) has joined #smc-project
* binnyva (~binnyva@ has joined #smc-project
<anivar> welcome Neethu praveenp Shiju binnyva
* swetha (75cc7c0c@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<santhosh> welcome praveenp , Shiju . we just started , introduced ourself, gave an intro about smc
<Shiju> Ok, carry on
<santhosh> for those who joined now, here is the log
<qwebirc46493> Hai i'm Neethu... S7 cse... studying in vidya engg clg... i'm new to this project.
<santhosh> Neethu welcom. meeting log so far:
<binnyva> Hi all - I'm Binny V A, freelance web developer, from Cochin
<santhosh> binnyva: welcome :)
<binnyva> santhosh: :-)
* qwebirc48660 has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
<apeter> hearty welcome to all our new members :)
<santhosh> let me introduce baijum , he founded SMC in 2001 when he was at NIT calicut.
* unni (~unni@ has joined #smc-project
<arkarjun> thanks.. apeter. i'm arjun from palakkad. doing my BE(1st year) at RVS cbe.
<rajeeshknambiar> arkarjun: welcome
<sebinaj> @santhosh has baijum joined the channel?
<santhosh> sebinaj: yes
<apeter> guess baijum is away
<santhosh> baijum: ping :)
* praveenp has quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
<maheshmohan> maheshmohan, I'm Mahesh from Thiruvananthapuram. Doing my BSc in Computer Science at University Institute of Technology
<arkarjun> rajeeshknambiar :) though not soo new to smc
<rajeeshknambiar> SMCയുടെ സംഭാവനകളില്‍ എടുത്തു പറയേണ്ടവയില്‍ ഒന്ന് മലയാളം റെന്‍ഡറിങ്ങാണ്
<manojkmohan> i am manoj . from vidya engg colge, thrissur .
<sebinaj> hi baijum ഞാന്‍ എസ്എംസിയിലേക്കു് വന്നു് അധികം കഴിയുംമുമ്പേ ബൈജൂനെ കാണാണ്ടായി.
<santhosh> let us move to next agenda, as rajeeshknambiar started - smc projects
<apeter> yup
<sebinaj> k
<rajeeshknambiar> rendering in simple terms means displaying the content,characters and combinations of them properly
<rajeeshknambiar> as you all know, 2 main free software desktops are KDE and GNOME
* santhosh has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
<Anoop> k'
<rajeeshknambiar> GNOME is built on top of a GUI toolkit called GTK+ and KDE is built on another one called Qt
* qwebirc87877 (ca58e6b2@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<rajeeshknambiar> Indic language rendering is a very complex one compared to european languages, mostly because combination of characters form a totally different visual representation
<rajeeshknambiar> initially Malayalam rendering was not good in any of the free software stack
* ershad has quit (Quit: Leaving)
* ershad (~ershad@ has joined #smc-project
<rajeeshknambiar> to make the desktops and web browsers usable for Malayalam rendering, we had to fix both GTK and Qt, as they do the rendering
<rajeeshknambiar> റെന്‍ഡറിങ്ങ് പിഴവുകള്‍ പരിഹരിക്കുന്നതില്‍ സുറുമ സുരേഷേട്ടന്റെ പങ്കു വളരെ വലുതാണ്
<anivar> pango is the rendering engine used in Gnome
<rajeeshknambiar> GTK uses pango as the rendering engine, so does Firefox, Iceweasel etc
<rajeeshknambiar> Qt apps and browsers like Konqueror uses Harfbuzz as the rendering engine now
<Anoop> which rendering engine in KDE ?
<anivar> Attn: Vidya students: sureshettan joined in SMC from a software freedom day celebration in widya Engg college in 2006
<rajeeshknambiar> Anoop: KDE is built on Qt, which uses Harfbuzz
<rajeeshknambiar> Pango will also use Harfbuzz as the shaping engine
<Anoop> ok thanks
<rajeeshknambiar> now, we have a decent Malayalam rendering on both toolkits
<unni> yes and Qt is still showing some problems while rendering (very very small ones)
<rajeeshknambiar> unni: what issues? could you explain?
<apeter> unni, guess its the issues with ര, right?
<Appu> AFAIK, pango is already using harfbuz
<unni> rajeeshknambiar, nothing really noticeable, but in some cases there seems to be trailing control character, and yes sometimes with ര
<unni> i'll post some shots. I encountered it at work
<anivar> rajeeshknambiar, harfbuzz have issues in complex conjunct formation
<rajeeshknambiar> unni: ok - we already have a fix for that issue, but not sure whether Qt 4.7 has incorporated it. can someone try Qt 4.7 and report back?
<anivar> rajeeshknambiar, no it is not fully fixed yet
* baijum has quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
<apeter> rajeeshknambiar, I can test next week and revert
<rajeeshknambiar> anivar: all right, guess I'll prod Lars again
* swetha has quit (Quit: Page closed)
* qwebirc87877 has quit (Quit: Page closed)
* santhosh (~santhosh@ has joined #smc-project
<santhosh> connection lost :(
<rajeeshknambiar> along with rendering, another important one is unicode fonts
* qwebirc23894 (75cc79d6@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
* baijum (~baiju@ has joined #smc-project
* santhosh_ (75ca84df@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<rajeeshknambiar> all the fonts SMC maintain are present in major distros like Fedora, Debian etc
<rajeeshknambiar> we used to keep a separate repository for many of the softwares including fonts, but now most of them are available right away in your package manager
<anivar> സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങിന്റെ നാഴികക്കല്ലുകള്‍ ഈ ലിങ്കിലുണ്ട്
<santhosh> I think if we go on explaining the projects, it will lot of time. right?
<santhosh> shall I ask the participants to read about them from our wiki ? and go ahead with ongoing projects?
<rajeeshknambiar> we can move on to next item
<apeter> yes please
<rajeeshknambiar> and come back with questions if any
<santhosh> many of you will be interested in participating in some of the future , started projects
<anivar> and add you can find a general FAQ at
<santhosh> one of the biggest project that we are doing now a days is silpa project. it was a small project but now that itself is a another project in Savannah
* qwebirc46493 (75cfa4e9@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has left #smc-project
<santhosh> The project aims to build an indic language computing toolkit
* Neethu has quit (Quit: Page closed)
* Salil (7aa7f1b3@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<santhosh> by incorporating all the projects we did so far and as a platform for any future project in this area
<santhosh> all are requrested to explore the features and documentation in after the meeting. The project requires many developers
<santhosh> I am not listing the tasks here, anybody interested please contact me after the meeting.
<santhosh> requires good amount of knowledge in Python, Javascript, Indic Languages.
<santhosh> or atleast passion to learn the above stuff :D
<anivar> Ongoing tasks in SMC project is listed at
<baijum> santhosh Do you have any plan to make it a GNU project ?
<santhosh> baijum: which project? silpa?
<baijum> I mean Silpa
<anivar> you can find may open projects in the savannah listing
<baijum> yes
<santhosh> baijum: well, I did not think about it. do you see any advantage?
<anivar> santhosh, any questions ? we have to move faster
<santhosh> Another project we are doing now is pypdflib,
<baijum> santhosh: being part of official GNU OS, that's the advantage :) GNU projects normally need to make very high quality...
* meHrishi (~chatzilla@ has joined #smc-project
<anivar> baijum, lets discuss it separately after finishing the agenda
<santhosh> well, now a days savannah projects also code review. They reviewed the silpa code before approving it as savannah project
<baijum> anivar: that's fine
<meHrishi> hi
<rajeeshknambiar> meHrishi: welcome
<manojkmohan> meHrishi: hi
<santhosh> And as anivar pointed out if you are looking for project ideas, have a look at our task listing
<santhosh> please note that many of the projects we are doing are not limited to Malayalam computing
<santhosh> Once we do that all other languages are getting the benefit.
<anivar> meHrishi, വന്നല്ലോ ഇനി പാക്കേജിങ്ങ് ചര്‍ച്ച തൊടങ്ങിയാലോ ? അതിനു മുന്‍പ് പ്രൊജക്റ്റുകളെപ്പറ്റി എന്തെങ്കിലും ചോദ്യങ്ങളുണ്ടോ ?
<santhosh> Same is the case if any developer from other langauge does these projects
<santhosh> so we keep an language neutral page for listing all indic computing projects. see it here
<santhosh> മീറ്റിങ്ങ് വളരെ ഫോര്‍മലാണെന്നു തോന്നുന്നുണ്ടോ? :) feel free to ask anything!
<anivar> anilankv, Anoop apeter arkarjun arunkrishnan_4 binnyva ershad jaisuvyas maheshmohan meHrishi Polar qwebirc23894 Salil sebinaj Shiju unni : Any Questions about projects ?
<Appu> santhosh: can you explain what problem "pypdflib" is trying to solve?
<meHrishi> നാളത്തെ വിക്കിപ്പീഡിയ പഠനശിബിരത്തിന്റെ കാര്യത്തിന് കോഴിക്കോട് പോയതായിരുന്നു. അതാ വൈകിയത്
<ershad> anivar: No :)
<Anoop> No questions from my side :)
<santhosh> Appu: In one line : A pdf rendering library which can take the advantage of Pango rendering library to render all complex scripts of the world. The exising libraries fails to render complex scripts such as Malayalam properly.
<arkarjun> from my side also. it will be gud if this matter is available afterwards also.
<meHrishi> anivar: nothing frm my side also
* qwebirc14794 (706e7586@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<jaisuvyas> anivar: Nothing yet.
<manojkmohan> i want to know more about deb packaging
<santhosh> manojkmohan: we have more than 10 wishlist bugs in debian to package our projects
<unni> have some specific questions on pypdflib, but that can be asked in the list. so lets move on
<santhosh> packaging requires some amount of learning the debian packaging process(same is the case for Fedora)
<unni> santhosh, can u post a link to that wishlist?
<santhosh> If you are interested in becoming a debian packager and its maintainer, praveen can guide you
<manojkmohan> santhosh: k
<santhosh> unni: need to digg.. 2 mins
<Salil> pypdf wish list is in TODO file in package itself
<Salil> *pypdf = pypdflib
<santhosh> unni: l will get it for you later
<santhosh> പിന്നെ, പുതിയ പ്രൊജക്ട് ആശ്യങ്ങള്‍ ഉണ്ടെങ്കില്‍, മടിക്കാതെ മുന്നോട്ടു വരൂ :)
<santhosh> ആശയങ്ങള്‍*
<baijum> santhosh: Have a look at this idea and see whether we can follow this architecture/design or create another layer on top of pypdflib : idea summary: HTML+CSS => PDF
* Shiju has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
* alexp0205 (~alexp0205@ has joined #smc-project
<santhosh> baijum: ok. will look into that. we have already started a sample project on top of the api named wiki2pdf. restructuretext2pdf, markdown2pdf also planned
<ershad> ഇത്രമാത്രം പ്രായോയികമാണെന്ന് അറിയില്ല, മലയാളം Speech to Text ?
* Salil has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
<ershad> s/ഇത്രമാത്രം/എത്രമാത്രം
<rajeeshknambiar> ershad: dhvani
<ershad> rajeeshknambiar: Speech to Text ?
<santhosh> ershad: shyam did some initial work on that. but he could not complete
<rajeeshknambiar> ershad: ah :)
<meHrishi> മലയാളം ടെക്സ്റ്റ് സമ്മറൈസര്‍ ?
<anivar> ershad, take a look at . If interested start studying from there
<santhosh> but it is not an easy project. require lot of research, like OCR, Speech recognition is also ongoing project in many institutes. പിടികിട്ടാപ്പുള്ളി പ്രൊജക്ട് :)
<ershad> santhosh: I see
<ershad> rajeeshknambiar: I think dhavni is not introduced here today.
<anivar> there is a need of more reasearchers to come into it first
* jaisuvyas has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
<santhosh> anivar: yes, these projects require not just programming skills
<santhosh> for those who are interested in text to speech -
<ershad> anivar: Thanks :)
<santhosh> guys, already 10:30.. shall we move to next agenda?
<anivar> santhosh, I had a discussion with Dr. Deepa Gopinath from CET last month ( sebinaj also knows)
<apeter> yeah lets move on..
<anivar> she is interested in integrating her research output to dhvani if she gets someone from Trivandrum as a developer
<anivar> she is ready to guide
<santhosh> anivar: ok. I know her. will discuss
<santhosh> next item: Publishing Malayalam translation of 'Free Software, Free Society'
* maheshmohan has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
<santhosh> have a look at
<santhosh> One project that shyam used to coordinate
<santhosh> we have enough translations of gnu philosophy to release it as a printed book
<anivar> The idea is to publish the WWW_ML project articles as a Book in memory of shyams memory
<anivar> in shyam's memory typo
<anivar> what all think ?
<santhosh> the pending work is making these translation uptodate with the gnu pages, review , typeset
<apeter> +1
<manojkmohan> +1
<Anoop> +1
<ershad> +1
<anivar> we planned to release it long back in FSFS . but our reviewing is delayed.
<meHrishi> +1
<arkarjun> +1
<anivar> and project is stalled
<baijum> +1
<anivar> We have to bring it at least at this point .
<santhosh> we also need a new coordinator for this project
<anivar> for that we need to complete peer reviewing his articles
<anivar> peer reviewing of all translations
<anivar> and need to type set it
<anivar> May be within next 2 months
<apeter> ok
<apeter> anivar, any tendative date?
<santhosh> kevin is interested to typeset this once review is over - using xelatex
<anivar> apeter, no. we need to make a timeline
<anivar> and need to find resources too for printing
<anivar> Hiran already created cover design
<santhosh> unni had prepared some illustrations
<anivar> yes
<apeter> thats nice
<unni> yes
* CIA-76 has quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
<unni> I believe Hiran has the raw scans
<manojkmohan> we used the first cartoon of that book in our fossers of vidya's poster
<santhosh> unni: we have it
<santhosh> it is there in out git I guess
<unni> manojkmohan, wow
<manojkmohan> the book is available here
<santhosh> but how to go ahead with review?
* qwebirc56797 (75cc5a49@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<anivar> manojkmohan, that need to be recreated. on his silent days shyam translated more articles
* qwebirc56797 has quit (Client Quit)
<santhosh> now it looks translations. it should not
<anivar> sebinaj, can you help in the review of translations
* aswins (~aswin@ has joined #smc-project
<anivar> തര്‍ജ്ജമയുടെ ഒഴുക്ക് നിലനില്‍ക്കേണ്ടതുണ്ട് .പല ലേഖനങ്ങള്‍ക്കും പദാനുപദ തര്‍ജ്ജമയുടെ പ്രശ്നങ്ങളുണ്ട്
<anivar> Renjith Sir from thrissur PG centre also offered help
<anivar> unni, alexp0205 both of you know him
* qwebirc70423 (706e6666@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
* arkarjun (ca533da9@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has left #smc-project
<anivar> sebinaj, ping
<santhosh> I guess we need a coordinator and he/she should identify, followup reviews
* qwebirc70423 (706e6666@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has left #smc-project
<anivar> വേറെ ആരെങ്കിലും കൂടുന്നുണ്ടോ?
<unni> anivar, yes i can contact him
<anivar> santhosh, yes. this project need a coordinator.
<qwebirc14794> I could help in d project as a team-member
<anivar> qwebirc14794, introduce please
<sebinaj> i could edit
* srih4ri (706e6666@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<qwebirc14794> my name is joel from first yr e batch
<anivar> sebinaj, അതാണു ആവശ്യപ്പെട്ടതും
<anivar> qwebirc14794, fine .
<sebinaj> ചെയ്യാം.
<manojkmohan> joel: from vidya ?
<qwebirc14794> yes
<manojkmohan> joel: k . fine :)
<qwebirc14794> how could i edt my username in this
<santhosh> in 2008 when we tried it the malayalam unicode typesetting was not upto mark. now we have xelatex and pypdflib to achieve that. anyway Kevin offered help in xelatex typesetting
<unni> i'll help with the illustrations :P ( Even re-work some of the old ones )
<santhosh> unni: great
<anivar> santhosh, take the coordinatorsship as a separate task . lets select a leader through Wikivoting after finishing certain no. of translations
<santhosh> fine
<anivar> unni, thats great
<anivar> jaisen പോയോ?
<santhosh> guys, then we will announce this project in mailing list and get started
<santhosh> anivar: jaisen left
<anivar> santhosh, jaisen contributed many translations, for the time being , i think we must ask him to coordinate, if he is willing
<santhosh> anivar: we will.
<anivar> anyway since he left , leave it now .
<anivar> we can talk tomorrow
<santhosh> we need to skip the next item in agenda Malayalam FUEL since praveen could not attend
<anivar> santhosh, if are going for FUEL, it need a separate meeting
<ershad> qwebirc14794: please type like this: '/nick <username>'
<santhosh> 6. Upcoming Camps
<santhosh> we need to plan a camp at Banglore- a developer camp .
<qwebirc14794> '/nick <joel>'
<santhosh> joel, without quote
* Anoop is now known as anoop
* CIA-58 (~CIA@ has joined #smc-project
<santhosh> any sugggestions for camps?
<manojkmohan> rajith sir offerd a venue @ tcr <വേറെ ഒരാളോട് പറഞ്ഞതാണ്‌ >
<anivar> santhosh, who all are in bangalore now
<qwebirc14794> I'm just picking up how to go ahead
<santhosh> salil, you, shiju
<ershad> qwebirc14794: Remove the quotes.
<rajeeshknambiar> if planning a camp at b'lore, would it be better during or is it too late?
<anivar> we can plan it
<anoop> i am also in bangalore
* qwebirc23894 is now known as mkm
<anoop> :)
<anivar> rajeeshknambiar, where are you now
<anivar> anoop, good .
<santhosh> rajeeshknambiar is also at banglore
<Appu> me too in bangalore
<ershad> Time for me to go. Good Night :)
<anivar> we can plan it before
<anoop> anivar ;)
<anivar> one saturday & sunday according to other people's availability
<manojkmohan> ershad: ശുഭരാത്രി
<santhosh> yeah, in november
* ershad has quit (Quit: :))
* baijum leaving
<qwebirc14794> yes dat sounds good
<baijum> bye all
<anivar> anoop, santhosh, how many people we are expecting ?
<santhosh> 25-50
<santhosh> baijum is also at banglore
<anivar> Participants talking expenses model ?
<anivar> 2 days ?
<arunkrishnan_4> sorry, I've to go now
<arunkrishnan_4> good night all
<anivar> arunkrishnan_4, good night
<santhosh> we need venue sponsor
* arunkrishnan_4 has quit (Quit: Page closed)
<anivar> I can talk to RVCE/IIMB/Jaagaa
<anivar> but first 2 are in an end of town
<anivar> and need to organise stay as well right ?
* baijum has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
<santhosh> if it is banglore people why stay required?
<anivar> santhosh, 25-50 people coming from other parts ?
<anivar> or only from bangaloe ?
<santhosh> from banglore iteself
<anivar> ok ok
<anivar> Then no problem
<unni> ഞ്ഞങ്ങളെന്താ പൊകയൊ?
<Appu> i can talk to my office guys and see if they can arrange a venue there. they used to host dev-camps regularly.
<unni> what if some people wanna come from kerala.
<santhosh> Appu: which office?
<qwebirc14794> '/nick <Joel>'
<anivar> unni, u can stay with me
<santhosh> unni: anivar can host you :p
<unni> I'll probably get CATFOSS to sponsor my trip along with 10-12 students of mine
<unni> :D
* apeter is now known as neethu
* anoop has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
* neethu is now known as ani
<unni> is it okay if i bring them?
<anivar> Appu, good
<anivar> unni, let us plan it first
<unni> :D
<anivar> Appu, But do they allow for 2 days
* anoop1 (0e606a2a@gateway/web/freenode/ip. has joined #smc-project
<manojkmohan> i think Vidya accadamy is intersted to host this types of camp's in kerala.
<anivar> they used to host one day meetings at maximum
<ani> qwebirc14794, just type "/Nick Joel" without quotes
<Appu> not sure. will check and get back on the mailing list next week. will that be fine?
<anivar> അനി , ആള്‍മാറാട്ടമാണല്ലോ ആകെ
<anivar> Appu, lets fine
<ani> anivar, I know... വട്ടായി എന്നു് തോന്നുന്നും സ്വയം :(
<anivar> manojkmohan, we can use at a later stage
<unni> anivar, what is expected from the venue?
<santhosh> unni: seats, internet. projector
* vasudev (~kakashi@ has left #smc-project
<unni> hmm, can we think about cochin as an option?
<manojkmohan> anivar: k
<anivar> unni, we can consider it .
<anivar> santhosh, rajeeshknambiar lets windup the meeting
<santhosh> we can... actually we need camps at more places. but logistics is not easy handle
<santhosh> hmm, 11 PM
<anivar> unni, also we expect some kind of help from Kriyate too
<rajeeshknambiar> okay, may be we can organize more irc meetings with shorter duration
<santhosh> I missed some part of chatlog when I got disconnected. who has full log? can u put it in wiki?
<anivar> like zyxware paying for suraj to conduct camps for SMC
<santhosh> rajeeshknambiar: +1
<santhosh> rajeeshknambiar: and with specific topics
<unni> whatever you need (??? daivame)
<anivar> rajeeshknambiar, yes
<unni> rajeeshknambiar, definitely
<anivar> and request all to hang around this channel regularly
<rajeeshknambiar> santhosh: yep, one specific topic per meeting sounds ideal
<santhosh> this got extended for long time since last time we met was around march/may 2009
<ani> yeah..
<ani> every month we should have a meeting right?
<anivar> santhosh, rajeeshknambiar another task is still pending since hiran is not here
<ani> maybe every month first saturday or something?
<santhosh> ani, we can plan like that
<santhosh> may be every second saturday 9 PM
<ani> santhosh, yup done
<unni> sounds good
<anivar> santhosh, make it at 8.30
<anivar> that gives little more time for 10 PM steepers
<anivar> i am leaving
<ani> okay so lets annouce it on the list also.. every second saturday 8:30PM
<ani> anivar, good night :)
* Appu has quit (Quit: Page closed)
<santhosh> who got full log?
<anivar> santhosh, i have
<unni> anivar, goodnight
<santhosh> k, please add to wiki
<rajeeshknambiar> good night, everybody
<santhosh> **** meeting ends ******
<unni> good night all
* unni has quit (Quit: Leaving)
<anoop1> good night all
# [[User:Anivar | അനിവര്‍ അരവിന്ദ്]]
# [[User:സന്തോഷ് | സന്തോഷ് തോട്ടിങ്ങല്‍]]
# മഹേഷ് മോഹന്‍ എം.യു - Mahesh Mohan M.U
# [[User:Rajeeshknambiar | രജീഷ് കെ. നമ്പ്യാര്‍]]
===Maybe Attending===
# കേരളഫാര്‍മര്‍ - keralafarmer
# അര്‍ജുന്‍- arkarjun
# സജ്ജാദ് - geohacker
# ജയ്സെന്‍ നെടുമ്പാല
===Not Attending===
# സജി.എന്‍ - saji89