==GSoC 2016 Application Template==
===Things to do===
* Join the
`Student Projects mailing list http://lists.smc.org.in/listinfo.cgi/student-projects-smc.org. inn. Introduce yourself over there so that the community can get to know you. Feel free to discuss your project ideas as well as to ask for any help that you may require.
Prepare a detailed proposal regarding your project and submit it on the Google Summer of Code website. You have to update the application in the Project wiki also(http://wiki.smc.org.in/)
* If you need help with anything, ask on the
`Student projects list http://lists.smc.org.in/listinfo.cgi/student-projects-smc.org.in or our IRC channel ( `#smc-project on Freenode http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=0&channels=smc-project) (don't be afraid if you don't know git for example. We 'll teach you everything that is needed , the only required thing from you is enthusiasm and willingness to learn new things, but- ''' don't expect spoon feeding from us''')
===Writing your proposal===
Start a wiki page to work on your proposal at http://wiki.smc.org.in/. Every applicant should create an account in SMC wiki. If you add your proposal under your userpage, we will help you edit it and provide feedback (though understand that we will not help you write it) Note that your final application must be submitted at https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/, so do not worry about the formatting of your application on the wiki, as you will have to reformat it there. We are more concerned with the content of your application, and that it is readable.
'''The application template is given below'''
* Email Address:
'''No Need to Provide Phone Number in Wiki since it is going to be public'''
* Blog URL:
* Freenode IRC Nick:
* Your university and current education:
* Why do you want to work with the Indic Project?
* Do you have any past involvement with the
Indicproject or another open source project as a contributor?
* Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
* Do you have other obligations between May and August ? Please note that we expect the Summer of Code to be a full time, 40 hour a week commitment
* An overview of your proposal
* The need
you believe it fulfills
* Any relevant experience you have
* How you intend to implement your proposal
* Tell us about something you have created.
* Have you communicated with a potential mentor? If so, who?
* SMC Wiki link of your proposal
====Other requirements ====
''' Make sure you have completed following task to get qualified, failing to complete any task will results in rejecting your application.'''
* You have subscribed with the [http://lists.smc.org.in/listinfo.cgi/student-projects-smc.org.in Student project] mailinglist and respective project mailing list (eg. [http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/silpa-discuss Libindic mailinglist] for Libindic projects)
* Your application is available on [http://wiki.smc.org.in/ SMC Project wiki] under your userspace* Your application is submitted to googesummer of code application system
In addition to the written proposal, we require every GSoC applicant to do this:* Do create an account on the SMC wiki and start a wiki page for your proposal(Under your
userpage). Keep it updated.
* We expect every GSoC participant to maintain a blog (If not, already) and post about their project's status, development, etc.
* Update the project status in the mailing list regularly with a
meaningfull subjectline (don't use something like 'GSoC Project Update ')